ATHLETIC CLEARANCE (Updated: August 24, 2020)
All district high school student-athletes must register through athleticclearance.com in order to participate in athletics for the 2020-2021 school year. There are a couple separate steps that need to be followed in order for the Student’s registration to be complete.
FIRST (A): Download, Print & Complete ALL the required forms found on the Sarasota County Athletic Website, as well as make copies of any other documents required (i.e. Proof of Insurance, etc). These forms/documents, once completed, will need to be UPLOADED to the “AthleticClearance.com” website (Instructions are below).
SECOND (B): If not already registered, Parents/Students will need to create an account on AthleticClearance.com (Instructions are below).
A: Download Forms needed for Athletic Clearance
You will see Tab as follows:
2.) Select “ATHLETICS”
3.) Click on the following:
4.) Off to the right of the page, you will see the following:
To get the forms that you will need to print and complete, click on “High School Athletic Packet 2020-2021“.
The following forms are required by the FHSAA before a student-athlete may participate in any type of conditioning, workout, practices or contests and there may be additional forms required to participate.
These forms contain additional statements which are specific to the School District of Sarasota County and each individual school. These forms require the signatures of the parent/guardian and student-athlete. Forms noted with an * must be notarized.
For that reason, please do not download any forms (EL2, EL3, or the EL3CH) from the FHSAA website, ONLY use the forms in the “High School Athletic package 2020-2021”.
You will need to print and complete the following forms:
- The Preparticipation Physical Evaluation (EL2) – All 3 Pages
- Parent/Guardian Release and Hold Harmless Agreement for High School Student Athletic Participation *
- Affidavit of Compliance with the Policies on Athletic Recruiting & Non-Traditional Student Participation (GA4)
- Release for Out-Of-County or Overnight Travel for Athletics and Field Trips *
- Private Vehicle Transportation Permission *
* Indicates form requires a Notary
Once completed, you will utilize them to upload to Athletic Clearance.
B. Register at https://athleticclearance.com/
Now you are ready to setup your Athletic Clearance account and start the process of registering you student for Sports at Riverview High School.
Make sure you only set up one account. You will need to make sure you keep your User Name (Email) and your password for future use.
- Select FL (Florida)
- Register. PARENTS register with valid email username and
password. You will be asked to type in a code to verify you are human. If this step is skipped your account will not activate. (If this step is skipped, please contact us to activate your account)
- Login using your email address that you registered with
- Select “New Clearance” to start the process.
- Choose the School Year in which the student plans to
participate. Example: Lacrosse in January 2021 would be the 2020-2021 School Year.
Choose the School at which the student attends and will compete for.
- Complete all required fields for Student Information,
Educational History, Medical History and Signature Forms.
(If you have gone through the AthleticClearance.com process before, you will select the Student and Parent/Guardian from the dropdown menu on those pages)
- Both the Parent AND the Student are required to “Electronically” sign the forms within AthleticClearance. Please follow the instructions carefully to ensure the correct name is entered into each field.
- Optional Donation to your athletic program or pay participation fees (private schools only).
- Once you reach the Confirmation Message you have completed the process.
- If you would like to register for additional sports/activities you may check off those sports below the Confirmation Message. Electronic signatures will be applied to the additional sports/activities.
- All of this data will be electronically filed with your school’s athletic department for review. When the student has been cleared for participation, an email notification will be sent.
IMPORTANT – Where you UPLOAD your Completed Forms/Documents in the “Document Library” MUST BE FOLLOWED.
Proof of Insurance – Medical Insurance Card – Upload in Proof of Insurance Section
Physical – EL2 Form (ALL THREE (3) PAGES) – Upload in Physical Form Section
Parent/Guardian Release and Hold Harmless Agreement for High School Students Athletic Participation – Upload in Additional Forms Section
GA4 form if a Non-Traditional Student – Upload in Concussion Certification Section
Release of Out of County or Overnight Travel – Upload in Birth Certificate Section
Private Vehicle Transportation – Upload in Proof of Residency Section
Online Athletic Clearance FAQ
What is my Username?
Your username is the email address that you registered with.
Once you complete a clearance for one sport and arrive at the Confirmation Message, you will have the option to check off additional sports/activities for the current school year. PLEASE ONLY CHECK OFF SPORTS YOU KNOW YOU WILL PLAY. Don’t just check ones because you are interested in those.
If you decide to participate in an additional sport/activity later on, you can access the multiple sport check boxes by clicking on “Print” under the Confirmation Message of your original Clearance for that specific year.
The physical form your school uses can be downloaded on the Physicals page. Most schools will accept the physical online (done by uploading the completed form on Step #2) as well as turning in a hard copy to the athletic department.
This area is meant to store your files so they can be accessed later in the year or perhaps years following. You can either upload your files to the Document Library then apply them to your Clearance on the Physical page OR you can choose/browse for the file on the Physical page and the file will save to the Document Library for future use.
Why haven’t I been cleared?
Your school will review the information you have submitted and Clear or Deny your student for participation. You will receive an email when the student is cleared.
My sport is not listed!
Please contact your school’s athletic department and ask for your sport to be activated.
What if my child plans to participate in High School Sports and is a Home School Student, Full Time Virtual, or Charter Student?
If you home school, participate full time in virtual school, private school, or are charter school students wishing to participate in sports at the public high school they are zoned for, the parents must notify the Principal and/or the Athletic Director BEFORE the first day of practice for that sport in order to be eligible to participate in that sport. All FHSAA paperwork and eligibility requirements must also be completed before the students can begin any activities associated with that team. Paperwork is available at your zoned high school Athletic Office.
Questions? Please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.